Archive for 'Eco-Friendly'
At Cassie Leah Photography, we are committed to conserving and protecting our awesome planet. Not only do we personally live a lifestyle of health and sustainability, but we also put forth many eco-conscious business efforts in order to leave the smallest carbon footprint possible. We know that the more people and businesses that are environmentally responsible, the better our world will be for future generations.
Take a look at what we actually do to be green:
- We print on marketing materials that are either recycled or come from a renewable resource
- We choose suppliers that have eco-friendly morals, values and standards
- We embrace the use of natural and ambient light to create our photographs
- We practice water, waste and energy conservation
- We use rechargeable batteries for all battery operated equipment
- We walk or ride our bikes to photo-shoots that are within a reasonable distance to our home-studio
- We offer ONLY environmentally sustainable products, and educate our clients of the ease and benefits of living a “green” life
- We offer discount sessions to local eco-friendly non-profit organizations
- We practice “refuse, reduce, re-use, recycle and rethink” everyday
- We shoot photos and provide proofs in digital formats
- We fuel ourselves with all local and/or organic, vegetarian and vegan foods
- We proudly donate to the Arbor Day Foundation every time a wedding package is booked resulting in 10 trees planted per wedding to offset carbon emissions
We are also a proud Premier Level member of Greener Photography. This non-profit organization actively seeks to mitigate the environmental impact of the photography industry by educating and certifying professional photographers, suppliers and the general public about the benefits of going green.
I am so excited to announce my “Plan a Wedding, Plant a Tree!”promise. I’ve partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation, an awesome non-profit organization that is dedicated to planting, re-planting and educating the world of the great importance of trees.
“As trees grow, they help stop global warming by removing carbon dioxide from the air, storing carbon in the trees and soil, and releasing oxygen into the atmosphere.” In addition, “trees provide many benefits to all of us, every day. They provide cooling shade, block cold winter winds, attract birds and wildlife, purify our air, prevent soil erosion, clean our water, and add grace and beauty to our homes and communities.” This organization has already helped plant over 25 million trees! In order for us to live healthful lives, we NEED to put forth every effort to keep our planet healthy and thriving!
That’s why I promise to donate to this organization every time I book a wedding package!! When you book your wedding with me, I will have TEN trees planted in YOUR HONOR right in our local Seminole State Forest!! How awesome is that?! Who thought getting married could help save the planet..??
“The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” Nelson Henderson